ANNOUNCEMENT

ANNOUNCEMENT

17 August 2010

Made It Store Up and Running!


Over the past 12 months I have only been selling items through the Ernie & Bird eBay store which has been reasonably successful. However I've recently opened a 'madeit' store to get a feel for the audience and see whether my items will sell well in very different environment to the 'bidding and winning' format of eBay.

I started listing a couple of nursery mobiles (and had a sale) and then listed the new Ernie & Bird Oven Pad range that was for sale through madeit alone. I have so far sold 2 sets and also had the range featured in their official madeit 'Monday New Finds' newsletter that is sent out to all members once a week - you've got to be happy with that!!

So I have been spending the last couple of days listing more items in my madeit store rather that eBay. I know it may be a tad confusing for buyers looking for particular items for the time being - but I am simply testing the waters to see which store is going to be more successful and where more sales are generated - is it impulse buying from people skimming through shopfronts or search results for specific things? Hopefully the next month or so will indicate which store to keep and which one to ditch as it's not very economical to have both.

Above are some new Hootie Pillows that have recently been listed - please say hello to Harriet, Hazel and Hermione! Click here to visit the official Ernie & Bird madeit store!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You will love Madeit, great support, advertising and quality hand made items. Not as much of the rubbbish you get on ebay. Sounds like you are a success already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I was wondering why those Hootie's looked so enormous.

    ReplyDelete