ANNOUNCEMENT

ANNOUNCEMENT

12 February 2013

MOPS Craft & Creative Team

I have been going to my local Mothers of Pre-Schoolers (MOPS) group for the past 12 months and was asked to join the Craft & Creative team for 2013. We meet once a fortnight and basically my new role is to come up with a craft/creative activity for around 20-25 women to do while enjoying a couple of hours without the kids (they have wonderful carers who watch them - we don't just leave them at home!)

So this year's theme is all about 'taking the Plunge into life' and loving as if our life depended on it! Our first mission was to come up with a 'Plunge' themed tablecloth for the craft table. Considering the table measures 3.5m x 3.5m I thought it would be easier to decorate a smaller tablecloth and use it as a centerpiece rather than make a monstrosity of a tablecloth (and try and throw more hours at it than I have to spare!). 

As I really enjoy sewing, I thought I'd applique the theme onto a basic white 1.8m x 1.8m tablecloth. Obviously I didn't have a template that large to work with so I had to sketch the logo onto A3 sheets of paper to use as my guide. Here's the finished product laid across my bed and I'm pretty please with the end result! The water droplets are a metallic fabric that was testing to aplique but I like the 'bubble' effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment