ANNOUNCEMENT

ANNOUNCEMENT

20 February 2012

Pillowcases for Oncology Kids

When I saw a post go out from the Handmade Cooperative asking for businesses to donate handmade pillowcases to children with cancer I put my hand straight up. I have a beautiful two-and-a-half year old daughter and thank God she is healthy every day. I couldn't imagine having to sit beside her bed as she was going through treatment for cancer and I honestly pray for the families that face this as their reality. 

I have these lavender Hootie Owl softies in my collection of handmade goodies at Ernie & Bird and thought they’d make a cute applique for a little girl’s pillow. I then decided to make another case using my ‘Squirrels in Love’ design that I have used on library bags. I love the fact these adorable cases will hopefully brighten a day and create a smile. My love and prayers go out to all the children and families fighting cancer.

About Pillowcases for Oncology Kids...
Brittany was 6 months old when she was diagnosed with a rare GERM CELL Tumour, she had treatment for 3 years, and was given a 0.01% survival rate. She is now a gorgeous 15 year old who still has a long way to go, but has decided to help put a smile on someone elses face by creating 'PILLOWCASES FOR ONCOLOGY KIDS'. Our mission is to get as many pillowcases out to as many kids undergoing treatment for cancer as possible. We want to see every child smile :) and with all our pillowcases being made and donated with tonnes of love it is sure to put a big smile on every child's face when they receive a pillowcase from POK.View their facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pillowcases4oncologykids

1 comment:

  1. These are both so beautiful. What an amazing job! Thank you for creating something wonderful for this great organisation. Christine

    ReplyDelete